Thursday, December 2, 2010

housing update


well, it turns out i don't have enough money for this house. i'm a little disappointed, but in the end i know it just wasn't the house God had in mind.

so i'm starting over again, searching the streets of my desired neighborhoods. some may call me crazy, but let me tell you something about pensacola. it goes a little something like this: nice neighborhood, ghetto, nice neighborhood, railroad tracks, ghetto, decent neighborhood, white trash, new construction new money mansions 30 minutes away from town. doesn't leave a whole lot for a single girl on a small salary.

but, this is an adventure for me. i'm probably going against a lot of sound advice by limiting myself to 2 neighborhoods. however, this is my one worldy passion. to me it's not just a place to live; it has to be a small challenge, a fun project, a piece of art, a piece of history, and most importantly a home. i'm not your average home-buyer. plus i'm not the most exciting person. i don't do risky things, i don't break laws, there's no way i'm jumping out of an airplane, i don't climb mountains, have any tattoos or a fast car. this is my adventure.

the phrase "more for your money" doesn't apply here. because i'm not looking for more space or more land or more kids on their bikes. i'm looking for this. i'll find a house and it will be everything i'd hoped it would be.

so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments:

Post a Comment