Friday, October 29, 2010

let the search begin!


it all started with this house. sure it may look cute and innocent, but don't let it fool you. it lured me in with its 15 panel original wood door, 1930's basketweave tile kitchen, glass door knobs, and sun-room and took me on an emotional roller coaster.
this little 2 bedroom/ 1 bath (with bonus room) house in the historic neighborhood of pensacola is every history and design lover's first-time home dream. before i knew it, one click on a website led to loan pre-approvals, worked and re-worked budgets, what-if's, add-on plans, and i won't even go into the amount of tile configurations i planned out at work.
yesterday i saw the house, and i can proudly say i stuck to my guns and kept my feet on the firm ground (well on the off-grade wood floors). it may not be this house, but it has opened the door to a whole new world for me. new job, new attitude, and now it looks like i might be a new home owner in the near future. who knew? God is just that good.
wish me luck. and if any of you are home-owners, i appreciate any tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment