Thursday, June 3, 2010

like i said

she's mine! (see fairhope blog post) i kicked myself for not scooping her up every day for the 2 weeks after i laid eyes on her. i finally broke down and tracked down the fairhope antique store, asked if she was still there, and gave them my credit card over the phone. she had to sit in the front seat to make it home in my 2-door. she's in my room right now (covered in clean laundry, waiting until i have a real residence where i can put her somewhere sophisticated). my weiner dog, tilly, loves to sleep on her at night...which i'm not totally ok with, but she is so cute up there and it matches her auburn collar.

i don't know anything about her except that she's french, circa 1880, and has been reupholstered. i can't decide if i'm going to change that or not...i don't have much use for orange in my apartment (go figure). i don't think she's been repainted, from what i can tell its original.
oh, and i named her charlotte ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment