Wednesday, February 10, 2010

can i just live here?


"hey, she's kelly wearstler. she can do what she wants." that's what my friend allison said. after this hotel, she sure can.

some of you may recognize kelly from design show competitions and things like that. normally, her designs do not blow my skirt up. well ok, they blow my skirt WAY up and then i have to push it back down. they are amazing, don't get me wrong. i've just always considered myself someone to create more liveable spaces. not something i would need to creep around on...like if someone gave me a steaming cup of coffee after i got my nails done. (if you're not a girl you may not get it.) they are elegant, elaborate, royal palace looking spaces. the economy isn't affecting her clients, if you get what i'm saying.

but let's talk about this. as if colorado wasn't awesome enough already, kelly had to go and blow it out of the water. it was so awesome, in fact, that apartment therapy--the crafty do-it-yourself great design site--had to feature it in an article. the use of wood is outstanding. the lighting is magnificent and is perfect for a colorado hotel. the guest rooms look modern yet homey. i don't know what else to say except, when can i move in?

No comments:

Post a Comment