Wednesday, January 13, 2010

i'm finally back!


it has been almost a month since i posted. greatest apologies. work has been insane, and i went on a national globe-trot during christmas. someone asked me how many christmases i had...seven. seven christmases. it was great--but wore me out.
then i got myself into this situation and rescued this poor little guy from a trip to the pound. he melted my heart (and ate my bathroom teak mat...oh well). after a week of stress and heartache, i found him a home through dixie dachshund rescue (www.dixiedachshundrescue.com)--where i got my weenie dog mix. thank goodness for them!

in an effort to catch up, i am doing a post on some of the favorite things i got for christmas.

1. land's end slippers. they have hard bottoms so i can take the dogs out, and cushy insides. love them.


2. sock monkey slippers (from my monkey) from target. they are great for indoors, but also have hard bottoms in case quick darts outside. and they are so cute! have you picked up on my love for slippers? i perpetually have cold feet in the winter. the more slippers the better.
3. bamboo sheets, also from target. these things are like 250 threadcount but they feel like egyptian cotton and satin mixed. i found them on sale for $40 (whole set) and snatched them up with my christmas money from the grandparents.

4. bamboo yarn, to make a bamboo scarf. you could swear it was cashmere. since joining the design field, i've become sort of a bamboo skeptic (as far as the real environmental facts), but bamboo has got it going on in the fiber department.


5. need to breathe--the outsiders album. these guys were a new discovery and this happened to be the first album i picked up, on the way to get the feller's sister the brandon heath cd. i got a little something for myself too, and let me tell you something. this album is delicious.

6. my christmas present from the feller. there's this guy we know, craig dupuis (http://dupuisian.blogspot.com/) who is a super amazing artist. being that i cannot (nor can the feller) afford a whole painting, he commissioned out 3 photo frames to craig, who so kindly (with a very pregnant wife) painted them for me. i love them. i don't even want to put photos in them.


7. the alang lamp from ikea. you can't see the shade, but its a woven pattern. best of all, the height is adjustable. seeing as how my living quarters aren't too extravagant (i don't get the pay for extravagance that i want), its not too heavy of a floor lamp. its just right.

i still have some money left from the grandparents and other various relatives that i have yet to find something to spend on (wonder why they gave me money...maybe because i don't know what i want).

i hope everyone had a marvelous christmas and new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment