Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What to Expect

Hey folks--
First post. I thought I'd let everyone know a little bit of what I'm about. First and foremost, most of the time I do not care to use capitalization in my typing. The first few sentences were freebies. now you're out of luck. however, i place great emphasis on punctuation and grammar. so no worries there.

so you might be thinking "what will this blog be about?" well i established it because i am an artist at heart, and right now i am stuck in an extremely un-creative interior design job. i know you must be wondering how interior design can be uncreative. well, we do government interior design. that means gray, beige, and every once and a while the wonderful air force/army color blend of teal. some days i would just die for a box of crayons.

in my spare time i rarely have opportunity to take creative adventures. but i often look at them, talk about them, and dream about them. this blog is an opportunity for me to share with you the things i do, and the things i love in the world of design.

a daily ritual of mine includes visiting http://www.archdaily.com/ at least twice daily (thanks to their frequent updates), and my computer background rotates between the particular things that inspire me each week. this is one of my favorites:




why i think this is good design: notice the different elements used: glass, wood, porcelain, concrete, tile, and metal. the 6 most important elements of good bathroom design. personally i love the colors. you can't get more relaxed than that. and the spectacular view doesn't hurt. beyond that, the planning is excellent. i usually find luxury bathrooms to have the common fault of wasting space. although appearing large because of the floor-to-ceiling windows, the footprint of the space is not all that big, but you still have the feeling of an open space. look at all those shower heads!! ahhh....


above is one of my favorite bedrooms to ever grace ArchDaily. usually too much white seems yuppy to me, but this is brilliantly executed with the almost retail-like lighting, dark wood floors, and pops of color to move your eye around the room. notice how the room is separated. i can't tell if that's stairs in the middle or a look to below, but it definitely separates the office and sleep spaces. with the ceiling kept all white, your eye stays lower in the bedroom for a cozy feel; the high-book shelves in the office bring your eye up for a more grand space (such as an office should be, living in a house like this.)

well that's all for today. somehow between work and all my personal designs at home, i hope to bring you a little piece of me next post.

do great things!


No comments:

Post a Comment